Tuesday, December 13, 2011

20 % Time Reflection

When Dr. Penny told us that we should do something that we are interested in / passionate about for our 20% time project, I knew that I wanted to do something with cooking.  This has been a recent passion of mine and started when I was trying to eat healthier.  I found it very difficult to eat all the same foods as my family & wanted to eat healthier.  I also know how important healthy eating is to me - especially since I plan on being a Health Teacher.  I want to be a role model & practice what I preach.  

I decided to start a website where I would post healthy recipes.  I plan on linking this website to my future "Teacher Page" so students can view it as well.  I originally was going to do a spin-off of an idea from Dr. Penny on a lesson plan for students and healthy cooking.  I decided to change that idea into something else, but still plan on using it in the future for sure!  (Something like a cooking show where students break up into groups, plan & cook a healthy meal - all while incorporating healthy fats, carbs and protein).  Then the students would film the show- there are so many ways to be creative with this one.

I had a lot of fun cooking - and most of my time was doing that & posting the recipes on the website.  If anyone even looks at this (probably not many - I could def. own that shirt "Nobody Reads My Blog" that Dr. Penny joked about previously)...you NEED to make...

The Soy Glazed Salmon Recipes
Yummy Honey Chicken
Avocado Feta Salsa
Crock-Pot Chicken Meat

The website can be found at: http://ferrarieats.weebly.com/

Here are just some examples of things I made.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment